The Core Unit for Molecular Tumor Diagnostics (CMTD) is a research facility for the molecular characterization of sporadic and hereditary tumors based on next generation sequencing (NSG) techniques, bioinformatic analysis pipelines and interpretation of the results by experienced molecular pathologists and human geneticists. It is an essential and fundamental interface in the area of translational cancer research and clinical studies. The aim of the CMTD is the fast translation of novel molecular markers into clinical application by making indication-specific multi gene panels available.
Core Unit for Molecular Tumor Diagnostics
- Complete processing from tumor samples and liquid biopsies to clinical report
- Evaluation of tumor samples by a pathologist (including assessment of tumor cell content and microdissection).
- DNA/RNA preparation with quality assessment.
- Enrichment and Sequencing on the NextSeq500 platform.
- Data analysis and interpretation by a board certified human geneticist (Dr. med. Barbara Klink) and a board certified (molecular) pathologist (OÄ PD Dr. med. Daniela Aust).
- Additional molecular genetic analyses as well as immunohistochemistry and fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH)
- Development of customized multi-gene-panels for user specific applications
- Consulting for research projects and support with grant applications
Please contact PD Dr. med. Daniela Aust and Dr. med. Barbara Klink for project planning and detailed price information.
Laboratory / Technical assistance
Tel.: +49 (0) 351 458 16857
Fax: +49 (0) 351 458 6337
PD Dr. med. Daniela E. Aust (sporadic tumors)
Tel.: +49 (0) 351 458 3004
Dr. med. Barbara Klink (hereditary and brain tumors)
Tel.: +49 (0) 351 458 2894
Prof. Dr. med. Gustavo Baretton
Director of the institute for pathology
Tel.: +49 (0) 351 458 3000