The focus of our Center for Hematologic Neoplasms is the treatment of malignant diseases of the hematopoietic and lymphatic systems. These include in particular:
- Acute and chronic leukemias (AML, ALL, CML, CLL)
- Malignant lymphomas (Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin)
- Multiple myeloma (plasmacytoma)
- Myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS)
- Myeloproliferative disorders (CML, myelofibrosis, thrombocythemia, etc.)
Various modern therapeutic methods are available for the treatment of these diseases: Immunotherapy, chemotherapy and treatment with targeted new drugs. Cellular therapy approaches are also employed:
- High-dose therapy and autologous stem cell transplantation
- Allogeneic stem cell transplantation (related and unrelated)
- Treatment with mesenchymal stem cells, regulatory T cells and CAR T cells
Our transplantation unit is one of the largest of its kind in Germany and is certified by the European regulatory authority JACIE (www.jacie.org) according to the latest quality standards.
An important part of the transplantation unit is the stem cell laboratory, where blood stem cells and bone marrow are produced in modern clean rooms according to the standards of the German Medicinal Ptoduct Acts.
The aforementioned therapies make it possible to plan and carry out customized or personalized treatment for many diseases. In addition to care in state-of-the-art inpatient areas, well-equipped outpatient areas and a day clinic are available for treatment and follow-up care.
- Specialized physiotherapy treatment is offered in all inpatient areas. In addition, patients have access to psycho-oncological care and art therapy.
- Social service staff are available to advise and assist you with social and socio-legal issues, as well as helping to plan and prepare your post-hospital care.
For organizational and administrative questions concerning your inpatient stay, please contact the case management team.
Our center offers the opportunity to take part in clinical trials. We are a coordinating study center, which means we have nationwide connections.
Further information on clinical trials in the fields of hematology, cell therapy and oncology can be found here.
The center also includes specialized laboratory areas for the diagnosis of hematological diseases. These include bone marrow cytology and cytochemistry, flow cytometry, cytogenetics and molecular genetics. The special diagnostics available in these laboratories are used in a targeted and customized manner for the diagnosis and progress evaluation of all patients at the center, but are also made available external cooperation partners. Further information on the laboratory area can be found here.
As one of the few centers for cell therapies in Central Germany, we are an important cooperation partner for numerous external hospitals and referring physicians.