The uncertainty about the proposed treatment can be great, especially in the case of a tumor diagnosis. A second, independent opinion can strengthen the necessary confidence in the proposed therapeutic path or point out an alternative.
With the offer of a second opinion, we give the opportunity to find a therapy that is optimally suited to your needs. Obtaining a second opinion does not mean that further treatment has to take place at our clinic. You can also discuss the therapy recommendation with the doctors who have been treating you up to now.
To obtain a second opinion from our oncological center, please send us a request via our >>>online contact form and upload the required documents as following:
- signed declaration of consent for data protection
- referral from your specialist or family doctor
- a copy of your insurance chip card with a covering letter on the specific question as a private patient
- all previous important findings on your illness, including:
- medical reports (inpatient and outpatient)
- histopathological reports, including reference histology if applicable
- surgery reports
- chemotherapy or drug-based tumor therapy administered to date, including the name of the drug and the period of administration
- current laboratory findings
- written imaging findings (initial findings and during the course of disease)
Please send us the associated imaging on CD by post to the following address:
Please note that we can only process your request after receiving a digital enquiry via our online contact form and all complete documents plus the imaging CD.
The findings are submitted to the respective specialists. In most cases, the findings are discussed in a interdisciplinary tumor conference.
Once we have received the therapy recommendation, we will usually contact you within three weeks. If necessary, we will invite you to a personal consultation. An on site appointment should therefore be possible.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will be happy to help you find your optimal therapy path. You can reach Susan Voigt by phone at 0351 458 2529 or by email at zweitmeinung.nct-ucc(at)ukdd.de.